It is imperative to perform a skin test prior to every use to test for sensitivity to any product ingredients. Whilst Herbatint uses the minimal amount of chemicals you can still be sensitive or allergic to ingredients whether man made or natural in source.
To perform a skin test follow the pack instructions;
- Deposit a pea sized amount of colour and developer onto the skin. Inside the elbow or behind the ear is best as the area must not be washed for 48 hours.
- Leave to dry.
- Cover with a plaster (if you are not knowingly allergic to plasters).
- Leave for 48 hours.
- Should any irriatation, redness, swelling or other symptoms occur, discontinue use of the product. If necessary seek medical advice.
- If no irritation or reaction occurs you can go on to colour your hair with the product.
- These steps will allow you to expose yourself to all ingredients and detect any sensitivities or allergic reactions. It can take up to 48 hours for reactions to occur so therefore this time period must be allowed to elapse.